POETRY Nancy Duci Denofio

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A DOLL LIFELESS ON THE BEACH

At night while sitting
alone on the wide porch
at the beach, I am quite
aware, no one is here.

Something draws me to
a window – as if my eyes
in pain, and staring.

I attempt to leave the porch
but again I am drawn to the window.

While in the dining room,
I sit near a window.
Here in this spacious room,
no one around.

Pictures drawn on paper in
pencil, faces of those
I’ve never met.

For some reason,
I am drawn to
the window.

I believe – I lived on a large
parcel of land, in a large home
with wealthy people and the
ocean - near.

I am drawn to the window

Carriages and dust
flying
umbrellas are held over
heads of all the women.
Men
in black – a carriage white –
women wear long dresses.

I see a wooden fence –
lined with pine trees.

I am small
watching from a wide front porch,
my hair long -
it’s hot.
My little feet tap back and forth -
worried for some
reason.
A sound in the distance –
I turn
to see nothing.
I wait on
the porch near a window.

“Don’t touch the flowers,”
In a clear voice – “The
gardener handles dead
blooms.”

I hear words and no one is near.
I take a walk and see two lions on a path,
I know I have climbed onto the lions back.

A woman comes closer
she is beautiful, draped in a color only
a sea can wear…
a veil of pink.
She is holding a doll – old fashion - too.

When I draw her
she is standing
near the ocean.

Nearby a broken doll
alone on the beach
laying face down
on a broken window
frame

I am drawm to the window.

Nancy Duci Denofio
all rights reserved

No comments:

Search This Blog