POETRY Nancy Duci Denofio

Monday, October 4, 2010

MISSING

MISSING

have you seen her –
it’s been since 1989
grown, but police say
she looks like this –
police tell all the
homes on our street
to look for her –

went missing while
she was playing in
her front yard – the
cops gave up – and
new neighbors moved
in – never knew about
the missing girl back
in 1989 –

parents let their children
play in their front yard
feel safe in the
neighborhood – felt
safe until another child
fitting the same description
disappeared last week –

in a few years she too
will be history – until
another child brings her
back to life.

Nancy Duci Denofio

2 comments:

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Liked it so much.. thanks for sharing..

Would love to find you on the face book too. I am also working on a poetry group at face book, have a look here is the link...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127127217313510

Hope you would enjoy it. I am Virtualcitizen India at FB, Add me as a friend if you like as I am not able to add more now.. (Well I don't know why)

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

Nancy Denofio said...

Thanks. Find me on facebook NancyDenofio@facebook.com, or search my name. My fan page is Nancy-Duci-Denofio only the middle name makes the difference. Hope to find you on got poetry too. And tell me more about you. What you are doing. Sincerely thanks for the comment. Nancy

Search This Blog