POETRY Nancy Duci Denofio

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

UNKNOWN TERRITORY

UNKNOWN TERRITORY


A faint moon lights your face -
although some say you vanished
in a storm -

Still I see your eyes as you
stare into mine - passion - our
appetite for love -

not been taken in spite
of certain death – no one sees
as we do.

Your face will never leave –
your face brings me back to
our last day – waves spill
over a rocky shore – you roll
me over and over again on
sand until our body is coated
and I embrace you – kiss your
lips, as clean as water – falls

You knew I would not let you
go - I held you – whispered
in your ear, kissed your ear
lobe - but a force stronger
pulled you from me.

I recall our hands slipping
and at last our touch of skin
falling from one another’s
reach to a place where we
roll together in sand. . .

Distance make no mention
of love waiting on the other
side, no matter theories are
words on paper – love is
real –

Your face – those prominent
features – countless stars
we tried to find the constellations
or even more momentous
a new planet –

We found our own – a sea at
moonlight innumerable stars
countless constellations, unknown
territory – we are in ecstasy –
Your face an instrument of
life after death - keeping
me here – will we ever leave?


Nancy Duci Denofio
all rights reserved @2011

No comments:

Search This Blog